Re: AM_GSETTINGS (was Re: GLib 2.25.2 released
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: AM_GSETTINGS (was Re: GLib 2.25.2 released
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:32:46 -0400
On 04/23/2010 10:04 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> -> Rename to GLIB_GSETTINGS or something.
> Fine with me. Lets get the name right while this is still unstable.
> Can you fix the things you raised ? Otherwise, I'll try to get it done
> before the next release, but I might forget...
I can. It may be a good time to step back and design what m4 macros glib
should provide. I can code whatever we decide.
So far I see three in m4macros:
- glib-2.0.m4: The finding part is deprecated in favor of pkg-config. The
rest is defining the following:
- glib-gettext.m4: Does a bunch of stuff. Needs to stay it seems. But can
use renaming and new API.
- gsettings.m4: Exports AC_SUBST(gschema_compile) and a make snippet. And a
Also, gobject-introspection does:
These definitely need to be prefixed by GOBJECT_.
Also defines a --disable arg.
So here's what I suggest:
- I know gsettings is included in gio, but I suggest providing a separate
.pc file for it. And please, don't clutter the gschema namespace. Use
gsettings-schemas, gsettings-schema-compile, etc.
- Have on GLIB_INIT macro that does:
* For all binaries shipped with glib, define a macro in their uppercase
name. If backward compatibility is not an issue, I would suggest just
exporting the glib bindir and let users do $GLIB_BINDIR)/glib-mkenums instead.
* For anything else, generate for features requested.
* Do a version check also?
So, one would do something like:
GLIB_INIT (gettext settings introspection)
] [Thread Prev