RE: differences between Glade and GtkBuilder

Yes. They are all set to visible.

I'll change them in the GUI and see if that makes a difference.

I still think something in the process has changes, at least from the "user" perspective.

I'm almost certain, that with glade you would load the xml (containing many top levels), then, call get the object you wanted out (which at that time it would construct and realize the widget making it visible)

It seems with GtkBuilder loading the XML and realizing it are done in the same step, which makes it so that each individual top level has to be in its own file?
Does it not make more sense to have a function that load the XML without realizing anything, then, as objects are requested, doing the actual construction and realization?

i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me