[no subject]

Good morning all,

I have not been able to find anything in doc's that explains this:

if(self->priv->xml_filename != NULL && self->priv->xml_main != NULL){

/* Load the xml object from the xml interface file Using the giving base name of window_name*/

/* UPDATE 11272009 1102 NO BUG - migration to Gtkbuilder from libglade */

//xml = glade_xml_new(self->priv->xml_filename, window_name, NULL);

self->priv->xml = gtk_builder_new ();

if (self->priv->xml != NULL){

gtk_builder_add_from_file (self->priv->xml, self->priv->xml_filename, NULL);

/* Set the main window to be parent to all */

    //widget = glade_xml_get_widget (self->priv->xmlself->priv->xml_main);

self->main_window = gtk_builder_get_object (self->priv->xml, self->priv->xml_main);

if(self->main_window)

gtk_widget_show (self->main_window);

}

}

Previously, I was able to open a Glade XML file with multiple top level windows, and only load the specific window I wanted from within that file. I have tried to re-write this routine, however, every time a call is made to gtk_builder_add_from_file it not only loads the file but it also loads and displays ALL the windows in that file.

Should this not work like glade did before, where you would load the file, then call the objects you wanted to be displayed?

Either I have written this wrong, or there has been an implementation change, which I don't think is for the better. You should be able to load the objects (WITHOUT DISPLAYING) and then only show the ones you want. What am I missing here?

I used the converter, and I have fixed all the mess-ups using glade-3. But I can not find anywhere or any how to load the file without it displaying all top level windows.

Thanks in advance for your help
Shawn