Re: Widget states for 3.0 (and 2.18?)

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 15:01 +0100, Neil Jagdish Patel wrote:

> Sounds like the checkbox is "active" (checked), and the user is hovering
> over it, hence prelight. Not sure that's how it currently works, though.

This is not how it works in GTK+. The "checked" state is indicated by
the GtkShadowType passed to the drawing function (gtk_paint_check),
where:

Right, but I guess that's part of the point of all this.  Wouldn't it make more sense if we try to move this type of information into a single location instead of having these kind of work-arounds?

I'm not suggesting we change how things work in 2.18, but in 3.0.  But I'm bringing it up now because we're adding gtk_widget_get_state() to take over for the GSEAL'd widget->state member.  If we avoid this and introduce APIs for each widget state instead then we have time to revise how it works internally for 3.0 without breaking a newly-introduced API.

/ Cody