Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23

> I think the general problem is that if you have a box type that can
> change orientation on the fly, what type is it? A HBox or a Vbox?

I cannot actually imagine why I would want such a box, but if you
wanted to you could do

#define GTK_IS_HBOX(w) (GTK_IS_BOX(w) && gtk_box_is_horizonal((GtkBox*)(w)))

Sure, the widget could change orientation later, but existing code
does not do that.

Would someone please elaborate on these "*huge* benefits" this is
supposed to bring?

Morten