Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23
- From: Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org>
- To: Morten Welinder <mortenw gnome org>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:51:40 +0200
On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 11:23 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
> > I don't think the minutes reflect what was said in the meeting here.
> > My understanding was hat the H/V subclasses get deprecated as soon
> > as the code to enable flipping in their parent classes is in SVN.
> If, say, gtk_hbox_new was to get deprecated and disappear in 3.x then
> it would be near-impossible to write a program to compile against both
> 2.x and 3.x
How is this different from any other deprecated function that got
replaced by another one and will disappear in 3.0?
] [Thread Prev