Re: GLib and 64-bit Windows

Also that sizeof(long) == sizeof(size_t)

Looking at the API reference for g[u]long (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Basic-Types.html)...
"Corresponds to the standard C [unsigned] long type"

It certainly makes horse-sense that long would be a 64-bit on a 64-bit platform, but I know the standard doesn't guarantee it. GCC on linux has a long as 64-bits. As far as I can tell, there is no 64-bit GCC for Windows (yet?) to compare against.

How *wrong* would it be to define g[u]long as forcibly 64-bit on a 64-bit platform?

Jake Goulding wrote:
I think a large amount of errors stem from the fact that it is assumed that sizeof(long) == sizeof(void *)