Re: GLib and 64-bit Windows

On 02.03.2007 22:49, Jake Goulding wrote:
>On 02.03.2007 22:29, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> The tests don't necessarily test everything, but this does indeed
>> sound promising.
>>
> Well, I didn't say that I *did* run them and get good outputs, I just
> wanted to make sure that was what the expected behavior was. :-)
> However, I have run the majority of them. Unfortunately there are a few
> that require inputs and I am clueless as to what they need to run.
> Most have passed, but spawn-test seems to freak out on me. I am checking
> to see if I can figure that out.

There may be trouble with the process id passed between lib and
spawn-helper. The GPid definition was added with win64 in mind but not
tested at that time. It probably needs to be an int64 there.

> There are whole piles of warnings about signed/unsigned comparisons and
> type size issues:
>
> warning C4311: 'type cast' : pointer truncation from 'gpointer' to 'long'
You should probably look at these.

> warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
these are not win64 specific and probably harmless

> warning C4267: 'function' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'gssize',
> possible loss of data
Sounds like a bug in your configuration. IIRC gssize should match the size
of size_t, both 64 bits in this case.

> warning C4090: 'initializing' : different 'const' qualifiers

could be ignored unless there is something supicious in its area.

> I'm not sure which warnings are ignorable, and which are not.
> Personally, I'm quite pedantic about my own code, and like to fix
> everything, but I know that's not always feasible.

I think a series of patches to fix these warnings would be gladly accepted.

	Hans