Re: The new tooltips API in 5 minutes [Was: Re: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12, continued]

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Kristian Rietveld wrote:

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:34:56PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
Tim said we get motion hints everywhere now anyway (though I can't see
where that is done in the code). See the last paragraph here:
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-March/msg00230.html

I don't think Tim was talking about GTK+ in general in that paragraph,
but I am not sure either.

right, i was referring to the tooltip system automatically setting the
neccessary motion event masks, and why that is required, in response to
Damon's suggestion to let the users take care of it.
recap:
- setting up event masks is too hard for users
- GtkTooltip forcefully requests motion events on the right window
- GtkTooltip needs to know *when* to force motion events, for this,
  we need ::has-tooltip.

-kris.

---
ciaoTJ