Re: The new tooltips API in 5 minutes [Was: Re: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12, continued]
- From: Kristian Rietveld <kris imendio com>
- To: Damon Chaplin <damon karuna eclipse co uk>
- Cc: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>, gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: The new tooltips API in 5 minutes [Was: Re: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12, continued]
- Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:38:38 +0200
On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 12:18:34AM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> Is "has-tooltip" needed for anything besides the efficiency issue? (e.g.
> a11y or something?)
In order for the tooltips implementation to work, we need to monitor
motion and related events on the widget's windows. When has-tooltip is
set to TRUE it will also modify the event masks of the widget's windows
to monitor these events. If we drop this property we would always have
to modify event masks of a widget's window, regardless whether it will
show tooltips or not -- I am not sure if that is wished.
] [Thread Prev