Re: The new tooltips API in 5 minutes [Was: Re: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12, continued]

On 6/12/07, Kristian Rietveld <kris imendio com> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 10:38:44AM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> There's also a new GtkTooltip object. Could we have some more information
> about how this should be used and if it replaces any existing API, please?

Sure ;)  As Matthias pointed out in one of his other mails, GTK+ 2.12
has a brand-new API for doing tooltips, replacing the aging GtkTooltips
object.  There are several ways for showing tooltips using the new API,
increasing in complexity as the complexity of the wished tooltip
increases:

A new API called "GtkTooltip" replaces an API called "GtkTooltips"?
Seems like that could become very confusing.. especially when using
two or more GtkTooltips. Couldn't you have came up with something a
little more imaginative? :)

--
mvh Björn