Re: The new tooltips API in 5 minutes [Was: Re: Whats coming in GTK+ 2.12, continued]

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 09:34:56PM +0100, Damon Chaplin wrote:
> Tim said we get motion hints everywhere now anyway (though I can't see
> where that is done in the code). See the last paragraph here:
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-March/msg00230.html

I don't think Tim was talking about GTK+ in general in that paragraph,
but I am not sure either.

> It looks like gtk_widget_set_has_tooltip() doesn't set events properly
> anyway - if the widget isn't realized and doesn't have a window it won't
> set the event mask at all.

For this reason gtk_widget_realize() calls gtk_widget_set_has_tooltip()
to cover up in case has-tooltip is set to TRUE before widget realization.

-kris.