Re: Recently Used Files Proposal

On 6/4/05, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> I was just saying that a menu, even if commonly used, might not be the
> best way to convey the needed informations.

That's fair. Like you say, things are often poorly named, etc., and we
should certainly try to think outside the box to solve these problems.
But you absolutely shouldn't dismiss the simple, common case and
overcomplicate it just because sometimes there are other problems.
Those problems are not as common as the core problem, and as others
have pointed out, there are much simpler ways to disambiguate.

[By the way, please don't let me discourage you- despite my
disagreements with the proposed UI design we *must* have the
infrastructure before any solution goes forward, and a good
infrastructure that covers your use cases will let us do a variety of
possible solutions and see what fits best.]

Luis