Re: An attempt at Win32 build instructions

On 14/01/05 00:23:45, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
 > > Hmm, what's gw32c needed for? I would be a bit wary of using it,

 > I think it's just getting used internally to libpng.

OK. I presumably have a bit older libpng12.dll, which does not use
it. (libgw32c is a DLL, right?)

I'm just in the process of building libpng 1.2.8 for linux-x-mingw32. It's the only package that I build that I use gnuwin32's source for (and I'd very much like not to; I dislike needing different source trees for my native and cross-builds, but still). I have not found that it introduces a dependancy on gw32c. Their o2dll script does include a -lgw32c along with a load of others, but I just removed them and it seems to build just fine with just the -lz (which is passed into o2dll, probably from their makefile.mingw).

Ali.