Re: An attempt at Win32 build instructions
- From: "J. Ali Harlow" <ali juiblex co uk>
- To: Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
- Cc: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: An attempt at Win32 build instructions
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 01:00:43 +0000
On 14/01/05 00:23:45, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > Hmm, what's gw32c needed for? I would be a bit wary of using it,
> I think it's just getting used internally to libpng.
OK. I presumably have a bit older libpng12.dll, which does not use
it. (libgw32c is a DLL, right?)
I'm just in the process of building libpng 1.2.8 for linux-x-mingw32.
It's the only package that I build that I use gnuwin32's source for
(and I'd very much like not to; I dislike needing different source
trees for my native and cross-builds, but still). I have not found that
it introduces a dependancy on gw32c. Their o2dll script does include a
-lgw32c along with a load of others, but I just removed them and it
seems to build just fine with just the -lz (which is passed into o2dll,
probably from their makefile.mingw).
] [Thread Prev