Re: Cross platform development

Hi Lucas.

Am Sonntag, den 19.03.2017, 10:44 +0100 schrieb Lucas Levrel via gtk-
app-devel-list:
Le 18 mars 2017, à 14:37, Dirk Gottschalk via gtk-app-devel-list a
écrit :

Am Samstag, den 18.03.2017, 11:42 +0100 schrieb pelzflorian
(Florian
Pelz):

Note that if your application is not libre software (it should
be,
please make it libre!), then static linking means you need to
provide
your application’s source code or compiled object files

Thanks, this is a point I totally forgot. So no statically linking
is
possible.

Making the project open is no option. The protocol of the devices
we
communicate with is covered by various NDAs.

Does distributing a compiled object "leak" more information than
distributing a dynamically-linked exe?

No, it dowsn't. This was related to related to pelzflorian mentioning
making this project open sourced.

I only want to copy just the needed files, not the complete DLL
set
Mingw has on my systems, these are real much.

I can't remember if finding the deps was part of your original
question
(sorry). In case it was: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

I'll take a look at this. The question was which DLLs are nedded.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dirk

--