Re: Cross platform development

On 03/18/2017 11:25 AM, Lucas Levrel via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
Le 17 mars 2017, à 23:02, Dirk Gottschalk via gtk-app-devel-list a écrit :

I'm developing a multi platform application with GTK+ for Windows and
Linux.

IIRC is GTK+ and it's dependencies not linkable statically, which i
would prefer.

Yes, they are! I use this http://mxe.cc/ for my GTK2 app, but it has
GTK3 also and many, many more libs! http://mxe.cc/#packages

As you can guess, with a statically linked exe, no more headache with
lib distribution, installers and so on...

Note that if your application is not libre software (it should be,
please make it libre!), then static linking means you need to provide
your application’s source code or compiled object files upon user
request so it can be relinked with another version of the LGPL’d
libraries. You will also still need to provide the other resources like
GTK’s schemas etc. But I have no experience with mxe.