Re: Invisible GtkImage

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 19:18 +0300, אנטולי קרסנר wrote:
I never used drawing areas, but here are my suggestions.

First, does the drawing area resize? If it does, all you need to do is
to change the code which draws the image to use the drawing area's
dimensions, and scale the image accordingly (I don't know how to do
that, but I'm sure Cairo can help. In the worst case, from personal
experience I know OpenGL can do that, if you have no choice...).

That was my first line of inquiry, except it doesn't seem to resize. I
can see this because if I leave a frame border on the parent
AspectFrame, it doesn't resize.

If the drawing area doesn't resize, try to put it in a GtkGrid.

I tried putting the DrawingArea into a 1x1 Grid, in turn inside of an
AspectFrame, but it still doesn't resize.

If it doesn't help - maybe you can removing the aspect frame and
calculating the image dimensions manually.

Even if I remove the aspect frame and calculate the image dimensions
myself, there still seems to be no way I can find to reliably resize it
dynamically.

I can't believe resizing a widget in Gtk+ is this difficult. I think
I've tried everything by now. Viewports, AspectFrame, cairo, Gdk pixbuf,
subclassing and overrides. You'd think something like this would be
really straightforward. =(

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred