Re: Invisible GtkImage

I never used drawing areas, but here are my suggestions.

First, does the drawing area resize? If it does, all you need to do is
to change the code which draws the image to use the drawing area's
dimensions, and scale the image accordingly (I don't know how to do
that, but I'm sure Cairo can help. In the worst case, from personal
experience I know OpenGL can do that, if you have no choice...).

If the drawing area doesn't resize, try to put it in a GtkGrid.

If it doesn't help - maybe you can removing the aspect frame and
calculating the image dimensions manually.

If it still doesn't work, I suggest you try asking on gtk-list gnome org
and have some GTK experts give you ideas.