Re: Hiding scrollbars for GtkScrolledWindow

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 19:05 +0200, Felix Möller wrote:
Sorry for being unprecise.
GTK3 in combination with C.

If I set the scrollbars' policy to never, the scrollbar is not
displayed, but the window is not as small as it should be, but as big as
its content. I want it to have the same size as with scrollbars, but
without displaying them.

Have you got any helpful advice already?

I think that using a GtkScrolledWindow may be not a good choice if you
do not want the visible scrollbars -- a GtkViewport may be what you
want? But still I wonder why hiding the Scrollbars of a
GtkScrolledWindow is not possible. Of course there may exists good
reasons for that. Would be nice to know them. I have not found a C
example code for GTK3 GtkScrolledWindow, so I have not examined that
problem (Ruby bindings work not really well for GTK3 yet) -- maybe when
I have more time.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski