Image resizing

Hey list,

I'm still having issues with my Gtk+ code. I have a GtkAssistant with a
bunch of pages (GtkBoxes) with various child widgets in them defined
through Glade. At runtime, a banner image is inserted into the top of
each page as the first child widget. This is done by placing the banner
image into a viewport, in turn inserted into a scrollable window, in
turn inserted into the parent page.

  <http://pastebin.com/Xbgur3pp>

The banner image should automatically resize as the window is resized.
It should use the full width available in the parent page (GtkBox), but
the image's height should be calculated as a function of the aspect
ratio to keep it from being distorted.

This works fine, but sometimes the scrollbars appear in the scrollable
window (or viewport?) and a small edge of the bottom or right of the
image is clipped unless the user scrolls. Setting the scroll policy to
NEVER means the image resizes properly when the window is made larger,
but can never shrink after that. These scrollbars appear if the window
is maximized, or sometimes when not under certain Gtk+ themes.

I don't want the scrollbars to ever appear and the full image to always
be visible. Any help appreciated.

Respectfully,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer