suggestions on user config?

if you look at my code, it is as if espeak takes a truckload on
inputs, but really, there are only four:

"-a [integer], -p [integer], and -s [integer].  according to the man
page for espeak, the -a/amplitude is from 0 to 20, default = 10;
the -p/pitch is 0 to 99, default is 50; and the -s/speed is words
per minute, default = 160.  i'm using "-g" for gender.  0 is
neutraal.  {nothing on my  man page... .}

i would like suggestions on what to use to get the above options.
this is why i was searching for the speech app that has the slider
with ticks to indicate "10, 20, 3e0 ... 100" and so forth.

thanks for any input here.

gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline thought org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix