Re: Memory leaks

I think Allin's point is that even though I deleted the object in my example app, the gtk shared library code
is still technically available to be used by some other part of my program (without needing to be
re-initialized).  In my example, I just happened to not use it.
Yes, I accept Allin's argument here, if you still have access to the pointer is not a leak,

I just don't agree with the "pure waste of CPU cycles" argument...
But to go back to some of the earlier suggestions, maybe it would be beneficial to have some kind of unload()
/ finish() / cleanup() functionality that could be invoked by users who need it.  That's what seems to be
missing at present.
You mean a OPTIONAL gtk_end () function, that could be added in the end, at the programmers's will, after a gtk_main (), to clean everything before going back to the OS?

gtk_main ();
gtk_end ();

I completely agree. Being optional, I suppose both sides would be happy...

Carlos

John