Re: Strange display problem with gtk-win32 and VC++

On 7 Nov 2010, at 18:14, Jaroslav Šmíd wrote:

So try to set your desired font - edit or create
(GTKDIR)\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc and add line like
gtk-font-name = "Segoe UI"

Thanks for the tip.  In fact it turned out to be due to the fact that an entry in my pango.modules file had
spaces in its pathname (in fact, there was only one entry for my simple testing purposes).  This was causing
the file contents to be incorrectly hashed when the file was being processed.  I don't quite understand why
everything worked when I substituted the official GTK binaries but I'm guessing there might be some fallback
mechanism which works when built with gcc but doesn't work in the VC++ build for some reason.  Anyway,
surrounding the path with quotation marks fixed the problem.  Thanks.

John