Re: non-themed widget styles?

jcupitt gmail com wrote:
On 10/31/07, Chris Rorvick <chrisr trdlnk com> wrote:
configuration-based styles) work nicely.  What I want to do is tell a
widget to be blue with minimal overhead.  A style is still handy in

I'm being so dumb here. So why doesn't gtk_widget_set_name() work for
this problem? I still don't understand :(

I'm suggesting that rather than modifying styles as your program runs,
you define a (large) set of static styles when you start up and then
just switch the style a widget renders with. It should be a lot
quicker.

John

Yes!  I am seeing better performance using this method, at least in a
small test application.  Will require some work to make the application
work like this, but this is very promising.  Thanks for your help!

Chris