Re: Building and packaging for Windows

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:44:19 -0400, Andrew Smith
<asmith15 littlesvr ca> wrote:

Hello

I am the author of ISO Master ( http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/ ).
It's a reasonably simple GTK application. I'd like to make a Windows
version. If possible, without porting the GUI to Win32. I managed to
compile ISO Master on Windows using cygwin, but I don't see how I
could distribute it without a cygwin prerequisite.

Can someone share ideas about how to compile a GTK application for
Windows and package it so it includes GTK and its dependencies?

Any tips you would care to share would be very much appreciated.
Besides the other tips already mentioned in this thread, have a look at
http://geany.uvena.de/Support/BuildingOnWin32, there we described how
to build Geany on Windows using Mingw without cygwin. You will also
have a look at the makefiles(makefile.win32) in the Geany source
tarball.

Regards,
Enrico