Re: non-themed widget styles?

jcupitt gmail com wrote:
I guess I don't understand what you're trying to do :-( What's the
problem with the theme engine?

Nothing except that the buttons I'm using basically have everything
style-related set programmatically and attributes of their style
(i.e., background and foreground colors) change rapidly.  Therefore
I'm asserting that any runtime support for configuration-based styles
is a waste of CPU.  Profiling has shown that this is contributing to
a significant amount of CPU usage.

Calls to gtk_widget_modify_style() cause a lot of stuff to happen, and
I think much of it is in making themes (or maybe I should just say
configuration-based styles) work nicely.  What I want to do is tell a
widget to be blue with minimal overhead.  A style is still handy in
that I still can benefit from having the widget's appearance change
with its state. But I think most of what gtk_widget_modify_style()
does is moot for how I'm using these particular widgets and so I'd
like to avoid the overhead.

Thanks,

Chris