Re: Spontaneous background colors in treeview

Kristian Rietveld wrote:

When you sort a column in a tree view with >= 3
columns, the sorted column is drawn with a background that is slightly
darker than the default background (in the default theme it is a shade
of grey).  This is the default and correct behavior.

What is the rationale for ignoring set_sort_indicator when the number of
columns is less than 3?  If I go to the trouble of setting the sort
indicator, it seems to me that gtk should respect my desires and show it.
If I don't want the sort indicator to appear when ncols < 3, I could detect
that condition myself.  I am annoyed that the sort indicator disappears
from my GUI when I present data that requires only 2 columns.
--
Jeffrey Barish