Re: serial ports

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 02:46:22AM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
John Coppens writes:
 > If I'm not mistaken (I don't use windows), look at the g_io functions, I
 > believe they are portable to Windows too. There may be a problem with the
 > names of the devices (COM1: vs /dev/ttyS0) or so, but that is relatively
 > easy to solve, I'd say.

You are too optimistic. How well the g_io functions work with serial
port devices is quite unclear. Windows is not Unix. Typically you have
to use specialized API to talk to each kind of device or IPC channel.

Yes! I Agree. A good start to understand serial ports are to
read chapter 18 in "Advanced programming int the Unix Environment",
Richard Stevens, ISBN 0-201-56317-7.

--
Göran Hasse

Göran Hasse            email: gh raditex se     Tel: 08-6949270
Raditex AB             http://www.raditex.se
Planiavägen 15, 1tr                             Mob: 070-5530148
131 34  NACKA, SWEDEN                         OrgNr: 556240-0589
VAT: SE556240058901