Re: serial ports

John Coppens writes:
If I'm not mistaken (I don't use windows), look at the g_io functions, I
believe they are portable to Windows too. There may be a problem with the
names of the devices (COM1: vs /dev/ttyS0) or so, but that is relatively
easy to solve, I'd say.

You are too optimistic. How well the g_io functions work with serial
port devices is quite unclear. Windows is not Unix. Typically you have
to use specialized API to talk to each kind of device or IPC channel.

--tml