Re: serial ports

On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:49:02 -0000
"Pavel A. da Mek" <a da_mek0 ufoni cz> wrote:

When I want to use serial ports, shall I write separate code for
Windows and for Linux, or is there some library function which would
allow to do it in the platform  independent way?

If I'm not mistaken (I don't use windows), look at the g_io functions, I
believe they are portable to Windows too. There may be a problem with the
names of the devices (COM1: vs /dev/ttyS0) or so, but that is relatively
easy to solve, I'd say.

John