Re: serial ports

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 18:49 +0000, Pavel A. da Mek wrote:
When I want to use serial ports, shall I write separate code for Windows and
for Linux, or is there some library function which would allow to do it in
the platform  independent way?

There's definitely no GTK library calls to support this type of thing,
so you can either maintain separate code for win32 and linux (ifdefs or
something) or find a reliable, third-party library that fits your
technical and licensing requirements.

I have heard that doing any kind of serial port programming on Windows
is very very painful.  On Linux it's easy.