Re: libglade frustration redux

He shouldn't, but as a user of libglade who DID go and out figure
out how to use it (I do still have some "best libglade practices"
issues to figure out, though), I don't see why I can't back him up
in so far as what I see as a good point.
Do the packagers read this list?
Do the maintainers read this list?

I don't know.  Do they?  Do you know for a fact that none of them do?  Do you know that none of those that DO
read this list don't ever talk to any of them?  Do you know for a fact that someone who is reading this list
won't agree and make good use of one of the posts?

Do the maintainers control the packaging?

Probably not.  But do maintainers talk to packagers?  I'd certainly hope so.

What is the point then?

If you thought there's so little point, why did you waste time replying?  I happen to think it's worth
discussing.  But if you're not going to add anything further, how about you just shug and let it drop?

And if someone who happens to agree, should run across a specific example of this thread (like the OP, for
example), perhaps some portion of this thread will be useful in backing their perspective when they present
it to someone who IS in a position to do something about it.

Just because you don't agree with my point of view, doesn't mean that there's no point discussing it.  This
is an issue relevant to application developers.  At least one person here thought so, that's why the issue
was brought up in the first place.  Whether there was any point discussing it with YOU, well, that's another
issue entirely.

Enjoy.

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com