Re: To use --geometry in a Gtk application
- From: Michael Torrie <torriem chem byu edu>
- To: G Hasse <gh raditex se>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: To use --geometry in a Gtk application
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:32:22 -0700
On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 02:07 +0100, G Hasse wrote:
I have panel PC without a window manager.
I want to position the windows with -geometry 100x100+200+200
I have not found any way to do this. Funny though the
option --display=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:0.0 does work.
Accodingly one might try --geometry=100x100+200+200 but this
does not work.
Could anyone guide me in the right direction?
You can easily position a window and size it from within your own
application using standard GTK window calls. I've done this to create a
kiosk of sort and it worked well. Of course you can't just arbitrary
size and move a window of some other program from the command-line
without a window manager.
] [Thread Prev