Re: To use --geometry in a Gtk application

On Fri, 2007-02-23 at 02:07 +0100, G Hasse wrote:
Hello!

I have panel PC without a window manager.

I want to position the windows with -geometry 100x100+200+200
something.

I have not found any way to do this. Funny though the
option --display=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:0.0 does work.

Accodingly one might try --geometry=100x100+200+200 but this
does not work.

Could anyone guide me in the right direction?

You can easily position a window and size it from within your own
application using standard GTK window calls.  I've done this to create a
kiosk of sort and it worked well.  Of course you can't just arbitrary
size and move a window of some other program from the command-line
without a window manager.