Re: libglade frustration redux

[off topic only as much as the rest of this thread]
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 02:57:11AM -0500, Freddie Unpenstein wrote:
Do the packagers read this list?
Do the maintainers read this list?

I don't know.  Do they?  Do you know for a fact that none of them do?  Do you know that none of those that
DO read this list don't ever talk to any of them?  Do you know for a fact that someone who is reading this
list won't agree and make good use of one of the posts?

I'm looking forward to a discussion about growing cactuses
because I might talk to someone who does it.

Do the maintainers control the packaging?

Probably not.  But do maintainers talk to packagers?  I'd certainly hope so.

Under normal circumstances maintainers do not know who
packages their programs/libraries, especially now when
everyone and his dog does it, and they don't have any reason
to care.  Maintainers talking to packagers is a sign of
serious troubles.

Packagers on the other hand talk to maintainers occasionally
when they notice an issue that should be better handled
upstream.

Neither case occurs here.

[/off topic only as much as the rest of this thread]
[completely off topic]
What is the point then?

If you thought there's so little point, why did you waste time replying?
I happen to think it's worth discussing.  But if you're not going to add anything further, how about you
just shug and let it drop?

I would, unfortunately, every time it seems to finally drop
someone picks it up again, writting the same things that
have been written several times before on the very same
thread on the wrong mailing list (this means this mailing
list).

And if someone who happens to agree, should run across a specific example of this thread (like the OP, for
example), perhaps some portion of this thread will be useful in backing their perspective when they present
it to someone who IS in a position to do something about it.

Just because you don't agree with my point of view, doesn't mean that there's no point discussing it.  This
is an issue relevant to application developers.  At least one person here thought so, that's why the issue
was brought up in the first place.  Whether there was any point discussing it with YOU, well, that's
another issue entirely.

You are perfectly right in every word, every letter and the
placement of every comma in your sentences.  You solved the
problem with deep insight and elegance rarely seen these
days.  Discussing it with you was an enlightening experience
for everyone involved.

Can you please cease from repeating what has been already
said now?
[/completely off topic]

Yeti

--