Re: Gtk+ Modality Problem

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 10:46:02AM +0200, Atanas Atanasov wrote:
The way ti works under windows: The window manager can distinguish
between what is called the client (the inside) and non-client
(titlebar & borders) areas a window. Subsequently all mouse events are
separated in two classes - normal and NC (non-client). Then the
default handlers (through DefWindowProc) for NC events will perform
the resizing and these tasks posting specific events that can be
handled by the application e.g. WM_SIZE, WM_MOVE. Of course one can
add a custom handler for any NC message thus overshadowing the default
behaviour. The is also a mechanism that can perform message filtering.
Does there exist such a mechanism in Gtk and how can I set it to
filter all mouse/keyboard events so that no subsequent resizes etc
will propagate?

I suppose gdk_window_add_filter() is not applicable because
there is no corresponding GdkWindow for the frame (or does
the top level window work like that?  I really do not
understand Win32).  So, if windowing system specific hacks
are nedded, you probably have to use windowing system
specific functions.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.