Re: In gtk+ application,how to parse xml file

man, you are with luck.  GLib -- which is a base library for GTK+ --
comes with a simple but easy parser for a subset of XML:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Simple-XML-Subset-Parser.html#GMarkupParser

should be enough to handle config files...