Re: Application with XML parsing

Mark Richardson wrote:

I am playing with the idea of an application with a main window that is blank.  Then you can "load views"
which are saved XML files that are parsed and the main window is populated with this dynamic gui.
What I was thinking was taking the XML loading/parsing routines from glade-2 and putting them into my own app. I would guess others have done this or there is something that suits my needs - but I can't find anything (I found a few related questions, but either no answer or nobody knows).

Without too much work, we were able to use the parser from libglade and
enhance it for full support in glade_interface_dump() (which was originally
intended for debugging purposes); you're welcome to grab that code from
glade-3.

You can then probably use libglade directly to instantiate your interface,
you're just missing one part; the part that itterates over your widget
hierarchy and creates the GladeInterface structure representation of your UI :)

Cheers,
                                         -Tristan