Application with XML parsing

I am playing with the idea of an application with a main window that is blank.  Then you can "load views"
which are saved XML files that are parsed and the main window is populated with this dynamic gui.

  What I was thinking was taking the XML loading/parsing routines from glade-2 and putting them into my own
app.  I would guess others have done this or there is something that suits my needs - but I can't find
anything (I found a few related questions, but either no answer or nobody knows).

  Thanks in advance for your help,
  Mark