Re: Application with XML parsing

Depending on your specific needs, you might want to keep your eye on my
project (http://www.weldae.org).  I haven't posted the source yet, but
I'm trying very hard to get the first release with source out soon.

I'm building something very similar to what your asking for.  Nothing is
hard coded into my application and all the structure of the application
is downloaded as XML from a web server.  Events and data are passed back
and forth between the client and the server giving the impression of a
thick client application.  Sort of like Ajax for GTK.

Unlike libglade, my XML is much simpler and is designed to work with any
widget set, not just GTK.  You also have the ability to bind events to
client side actions or server side code directly in the XML.  The
downside is that there are limitations to the interfaces that can be
built with it given that it is a subset of what GTK offers.