Re: Is it possible to put all necessary GTK runtime files in a single directory

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:56:15 -0500
Douglas Vechinski <douglas vechinski dynetics com> wrote:

I'm sure that would work if I'm allowed to add  bin\bin to the PATH
environment variable.  At present that "priviledge" is not being
allowed.   I will probably be able to if there is no other option, but
I'm first trying to see if there is an alternative.
then put you exe program in bin\bin and create a batch in bin that does
cd bin
yourprogram.exe
or windows executable that does the same and does not need gtk runtime.
you could then put all gtk runtime and your gtk program in one folder
for example
bin\
----myGtkProgram.bat
----myGtkProgram\
--------------<gtk and other dlls>
--------------myGtkProgram.exe

remember that when pango dll is in bin directory it tries to load its
modules from ../lib and not from lib/.