Re: memprof problem

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005, Olivier Sessink wrote:

Allin Cottrell wrote:
I've successfully used memprof for leak-checking my app in the past, but
on trying it recently something odd happens: memprof starts up OK, and
it also starts up the target program, but the target program is not
visible (doesn't appear on screen) and memprof records no memory usage.

I'm not sure if memprof is still actively maintained. A good alternative
is 'valgrind'.

Valgrind is excellent, but I liked memprof for checking gui programs in real time. It was nice and easy to open and close a window, say, and get immediate feedback on whether that operation leaked memory.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics