Re: Is it possible to put all necessary GTK runtime files in a single directory

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:58:32 -0500
Douglas Vechinski <douglas vechinski dynetics com> wrote:

I have a GTK application that I'm porting to run under Windows.  This
application is part of  a package that has several other native Windows
(non-GTK) executables all of which are to reside in a "bin" directory.
The wish, desire, command of the project leader for this project would
like every file/dll to also reside in this "bin" directory or possibly
sub-directory.   (Certain configuration files may reside in a sibling
directory (relative to bin) with a certain fixed name.  He also does not
want to have to modify the PATH environment variable.

At present I have copied all the .dll files (no .exe files) from
gtk+\bin to our bin directory.   I copied the gtk+\etc directory to etc
so that it is a sibling to our bin directory.   The app also seems to
need some dll's located in the gtk+\lib\pango\version\modules
directory.  If I copy these over to our bin I still get some pango error
message  or assertion from "shape.c"    If I copied these dll's to a
lib\pango\version\modules directory so that lib is a sibling to our bin
directory the GTK app seems to run.  Is it possible to put and/or modify
the files from the etc and lib\pango\version\modules directories into
the bin directory so that the  GTK app is happy if it is started within
the bin directory?

what happens when you install gtk dll's in bin/bin/ and your exe program
in bin/ ? the rest is in bin/etc/, bin/lib/ etc.