Re: Problem of gtk2.24 on Soloaris 8 ;

I downloaded gtk2.2.4 library and dependency developing Toolkits from www.sunfreeware.com . But, there are many errors reported while I compile the example program issued with gtk.

I had similar problems when trying to use the sunfreeware.com precompiled packages for sol8-intel a few months back. None of my apps would link correctly, with most of the gdk and gtk functions reported as undefined symbols.

In the end, I just got the source tarballs and built the libraries myself using the normal "./configure ; make ; make install" method, but make sure you do all the dependencies first.

Alternatively, I've since been told by someone else that the Sun GNOME 2.0 desktop for Solaris 8 package includes a useable set of libraries, so you could try installing that instead.

Richard.