Re: Building a GUI-Application

You can fixed layout (GtkFixed).
For objects if you have a very few colors, You can use pixmap (.xpm) files.

Thanks
Deekshit M

On 10/19/05, Kranz, Willi <kranz rheinmetall-de com> wrote:
Hallo!

I want to build a new GUI-Application under Linux with GTK.

First I built an easy Application under Windows with Borland C++.

But because the new Application has to be more "safety", I have to

work with Linux.

The Application has to show in different colors the state of some so
called

Power Drive Units (PDU). In a very easy way green means ok and red means
not ok.

On a "MouseOver-Event" I have to show the state more detailed perhaps
with an hint.

The arrangement of the PDUs is not easy. It is nearly like this:

               x                x              x                    x

      x  x           x               x                 x
x                    x

x  x

                                            x        x

     x  x

                  x               x                          x

                           x                      x
x                       x

The coordinates are well defined and the arrangement in the application
must have to do

something with the real coordinates.

(It was very easy to do this with Borland C++. I use a label without
text but with a background-

color green or red. And I place this label on that position I want.)

What are the best GTK-Objects for the PDUs?

How can I place the Objects on any position?

Thanks for useful hints

Willi Kranz

eMail: kranz rheinmetall-de com