Problem of gtk2.24 on Soloaris 8 ;

hi:
   I have been be absorbed in Gtk  application on SUN Soloris 8  . Now I'm troubled by some problem!
I downloaded gtk2.2.4 library and  dependency developing Toolkits   from www.sunfreeware.com .
But, there are many errors reported while I compile the example program issued with gtk.
A lot of error   even occur in the header file of itself . I wonder which version gtk is
the most authoritative . Some points should be consider carefully while I use gtk2.2.4 ;
                                      Regards

                           Sam.chi ;