Re: [debian tmail plala or jp: Pango tutorial?]

Hi,

I believe part of the reason there are no simple tutorials
on pango is that it is usually not meant to be used directly
by application developers. People are encouraged to use
GTK+, which uses pango automatically.

You can try the following program for example. It can be
compiled with:

gcc -Wall -ansi -g `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` test.c `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

gint
main (gint argc, gchar **argv)
{
  GtkWidget *window;
  GtkWidget *label;

  gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

  gtk_container_set_border_width (GTK_CONTAINER (window), 48);
  g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (window), "destroy",
                    G_CALLBACK (gtk_main_quit), NULL);

  gtk_widget_show (window);

  label = gtk_label_new ("çãææèãèã");
  gtk_widget_show (label);

  gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (window), label);

  gtk_main ();

  return 0;
}

Noah