Re: [debian tmail plala or jp: Pango tutorial?]

Hi,

From: Evan Martin <martine cs washington edu>
Subject: Re: [debian tmail plala or jp: Pango tutorial?]
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:40:47 -0800

However, I have no idea how to use it.  Are there any tutorials
of Pango?
There is reference documentation at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/pango/pango.html

Thank you for your information.  However, I don't know which part
of the reference should I read at least to display multilingual
UTF-8 text....

Nowadays, several softwares (which had been able to display CJK
characters) became not able to display CJK characters because
of migration from conventional X11 font ("XFontSet") to anti-alias
font engine which cannot handle CJK or proper font selection.

To stop this annoying situation for CJK people, we want developers
(who want to use anti-alias fonts) to adopt Pango (or other
internationalized engine) than FreeType (or other low-level non-
internationalized engine).  To achieve this, Pango has to be easier
than other non-internationalized (i.e., European-only) engines for
developers who are interested in anti-alias, and a tutorial for
Pango beginners is needed.

Are there really no such tutorials?

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota debian org>