Re: embedded color chooser

On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 07:17:53PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

Philip> I'm looking for free code for a color chooser that I can embed
Philip> in a window with other things, rather than the standard gtk
Philip> color chooser.  I dont like dialogs :-)

You can derive your own widget from GtkColorSelection.  It is a
container so you can add buttons etc. of your choosing.  In fact, this
is exactly what I am now doing.

aha. interesting.

I initially thought I couldnt do anything with the gtk color choose,
because I looked at testgtk, which used gtk_color_selection_dialog_new()
and then I looked at the code for gtk_color_selection_dialog_new(), and it
seemed to invoke a primitive. So I thought that was as low as I could go.

I'm very new to gtk, so if you dont mind I'll ask another rookie question:

Will I be able to adjust the GtkColorSelection widget to accept mouse
clicks from XINPUT devices at all, or am I going to have to start from
some completely standalone self-contained widget?