Re: Still not understanding pixmaps vs RGBs

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe larwe com> writes:
BTW, if I use gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data, can I continue to access the
raw pixel data in the format I expect, or does libgtk_pixbuf translate
the format in some way? I would like to bash the pixel data directly,
not going through any API calls.

Yes, it supports that. new_from_data() doesn't copy the pixel data you
pass in; you can also retrieve a pointer to it with
gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels(). If you want the pixel data freed with the
pixbuf you have to pass in a function to free it.

Havoc