Re: Still not understanding pixmaps vs RGBs

Hmmm. BTW, is the pixbuf library API documentation the same in 1.2 as
in 2? My system has libgdk_pixbuf.so.2.0.0.

The API is similar but not exactly the same, mostly because 2.0
GdkPixbuf is a GObject, and 1.2 pixbuf is just a refcounted struct
like the rest of 1.2 GDK.

At the moment I am briefly rewriting the underlying layer of my app to work with pixbufs. I'll see how it works. Should have an answer in a few hours :)

BTW, if I use gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data, can I continue to access the raw pixel data in the format I expect, or does libgtk_pixbuf translate the format in some way? I would like to bash the pixel data directly, not going through any API calls.

--
-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work     http://www.digi-frame.com/